As promised, this morning I am going to draw a name for my blog anniversary celebration. With Conner to assist me, the winner is . . . . Amy! Congratulations! (and btw, she's my aunt).
She will be receiving all the ingredients to make my favorite cake: Better Than ____ Cake. I'll let you fill in the blank. And here's the recipe for the rest of you to enjoy:
- - German chocolate cake mix and ingredients to make
- - jar of caramel sauce
- - sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- - cool whip
- - Skor or Heath bars
- - chocolate syrup
- * Friends
1. Bake a German chocolate cake according to it's package directions in a 9x13 pan
2. While it's baking, mix a jar of caramel sauce (ice cream topping) and a can of sweetened condensed milk in a bowl
3. When the cake is done baking, immediately poke holes all over the top of it (I use the handle of a wooden spoon).
4. Pour caramel/milk mixture on top of cake, into the holes. Yes, the entire bowl.
5. Put cake into the refrigerator and let it cool completely.
6. When cake is cooled, top with whipped cream and crushed Skor bars and, if you want, thin lines of chocolate syrup.
7. Invite friends over to share. They will love you for it!
Thanks to everyone for humoring me this week! It's been so much fun. Here's to another year of blogging!