- "Mom, I have a problem with my bum. It is still so white! It's been white since I was like 4 or 5."
- mom at lunch: "Payton can I have a piece of your apples?" Payton in an almost whisper: "Actually, you can have lots of pieces of my apple because I'm not going to eat it."
- "I got you dad!" That's the best she can do for now.
- 7:30am. Immediately after waking up Scott decided he was going to the grocery store to get some doughnuts for our painters.
- I ask him, "could you please take these sticks to the garbage can?" (some old dusty willow branches from a vase)
- Scott: "What? No. That's too far out of my way."
- Me: "What? The garbage can is right next to the truck. You can take these out to the trash."
- Scott, whining: "No. It's too far."
- Me, realizing now that he has not totally woken up: "Why don't you wait 5 minutes before you go to the store so you can wake up."
- Scott: "grunt." And he heads for the door.
- Me: "Don't forget these." And I hand him the sticks.
- Fast forward to this evening and Scott confesses that he did not throw the sticks into the yard debris garbage (which is right next to the truck). Instead he walked to the end of the street and threw them into the empty field! Me: "And that's not out of your way?"