Well if you're wondering about me, here's what I did for New Year's Eve:
- We signed documents on both of our houses. Woo-hoo!
- Spent all day packing. Ran out of bubble wrap at 1:30pm. Ran out to acquire more bubble wrap only to find that all the places that would carry mass quantities of bubble wrap had just closed for New Year's. Guess we'll try again on Wednesday.
- For dinner I treated myself to a grilled chicken salad from Burgerville and a chocolate peppermint shake. It's all about balance.
- Went over to the new house to clean. 7:30-9:30. Scott asked me, "so how much did you get done." "Um, just the master bath." That's called deep cleaning. And I've decided we have to get a new shower head.
- Popped in The Phantom of the Opera DVD at 9:45. It was over at 11:55. Just in time to watch the ball drop and claim a New Year's kiss! It's been yeeaars since Scott and I were together on New Years. He's always busy chaperoning a youth party. So this was a nice treat.
Happy New Year! Conner came into our room at 6:30am to tell us it was time for the Pig Out. We told him to go back to bed. At 7am he came back with a note that said: "No mom & dad. No pig owt." He was a little grumpy. So I got up and started them on some Nick Jr. to tide them over until the first bowl game begins at 8am. I believe there are a total of 8 games today.
A while back ago I firmly suggested to Scott that the Pig Out needed to be canceled. We'll be in the middle of moving, for pete's sake! But then when I realized that I was the one doing all the packing, his football viewing was not going to impact our progress too much. Okay I hope that doesn't sound like I'm bitter, because I'm not. =) He tried to help with some of the packing yesterday and I realized he's not qualified for this type of work. So he's left in charge of his stuff, the garage, dismantling the furniture, and keeping the kids out of my way.
Without further ado, here is the Pig Out menu:
- shrimp cocktail
- summer sausage, cheese, and club crackers
- potato chips
- tortilla chips and salsa
- caramel sauce and apples
- hershey treasures w/ caramel
- diet cherry pepsi
- milano cookies
- fudge stripe cookies
- lil' smokies