1. While inspecting the fridge this morning Payton said: "Are we having wine for Thanksgiving?" No, son. That would be Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider.
2. We will also be drinking our first egg nog of the season.
3. I tried to order Jan Brett's "'Twas The Night Before Christmas" last night only to find it was out of stock on Amazon. I was so disappointed. Today I stopped in a bookstore -- no luck. Then, while picking up the pie at Costco and hurriedly running out of the store I paused for a moment at the book table and what should I find . . . the exact book! And is it really sappy to admit that it brought tears to my eyes? Not sure why, but the trigger is pretty loose today. (Oh, and go figure. The book is back in stock today.)
4. Visiting the GYN next door to the hospital where I had all my babies and then sitting in an exam room where the walls are plastered with baby photos also manages to pull on the heart strings.
5. The tablecloth and napkins are ironed. The china is set out. All essential Thanksgiving ingredients are stocked in my kitchen. It's go time.
6. Right now there are 3 turkeys displayed on my fridge.
7. I picked up a red/orange photo album at Target to make this: Thankful. I'm hoping to print out the cards tonight and assemble the album tomorrow in between cooking, eating, and Wii. It's going to be really cute. :)
It's been a busy month and I haven't embraced the "thankful" mindset all month as I would've hoped. But I'm excited for this week and the opportunity to focus on family, good food, time together, and remember all the many ways that I have been blessed!