Last week we enjoyed a visit from my parents. And Emma. More on her later. We planned the visit about a month ago and in their true giving, helping, supporting way asked if there were any projects we'd like them to help us with. (Remember, last year when they came and poured cement.) My heart skipped a beat, so excited about the offer, and my mind raced through all the things I'd love to do in this house. It settled on one . . . crown moulding in the living room. And dad was on board. Yippee!
But to truly make this the room re-do of my dreams I needed to paint it first. It came a little down to the wire, but I finished 1 coat of primer and two coats of Classic Brown the day before their arrival.
Dad did a great job with the crown moulding -- it looks fabulous! With a little help from youtube and some creative craftsmanship, the end result was something that even he had to brag about. Just a little.
I did take some before pictures, but the after pictures will have to wait until I add a few finishing touches. So be patient!
In addition to the crown moulding project, we had a great visit. You know that Primary song, "It's always fun when grandpa comes" (or grandma) . . . . the energy and excitement and fun level just turns up a few notches. Especially when you throw a new puppy into the mix. They brought Emma, their Yorkshire Terrier, and the kids just ate her up. With the boys gone at school for two of the days, Anna assumed Emma as her personal play thing. My favorite was when I spotted her carrying Emma in one arm and Bunny in the other. Oh the cuteness!
Back to the festivities. We . . .
- made a trip to Lowe's (dad and I) for the moulding and had fun tying the 12 foot pieces to Scott's truck. And driving home in the rain.
- ate at Burgerville and Taco Bell and Red Robin and Plantation House . . . . Grammer & Papa always insist on "special lunch". Or dinner.
- saw Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief. Both Conner and I have read the book. I enjoyed it, but boy they sure changed a lot for the movie.
- went shopping for a new light to go over the dining table. Success!
- played with Emma
- laughed over the "cup of dirt". And the kids are still quoting and laughing.
- went to the mall for Papa and Anna to have their annual dress shopping trip.
Their visit fell over Valentine's Day so we did a few things to make that special as well. I made a Valentine's Day breakfast before church: chocolate muffins, bacon, eggs, fruit salad. All the kids & adults got fun little presents, and I got to say, "You went to Jared!"
Lots of fun, love, and chocolate.
It's always fun when Mom and Dad come.