1. Seeing my scrapbook room totally clean for the first time in . . . . a year? I spent 2 days sorting, purging, and re-organizing and it feels good. Here it is in the "disaster stage."
2. Starting a loooong over-due, long planned project. Painting the master bedroom. I painted our bathroom last August. Yes, nearly a year ago. And now I can see the light at the end of this bedroom-sprucing-up project.
3. Hearing Scott and the kids playing, laughing, having a great time with the trampoline + sprinklers + squirt guns while I was painting upstairs. The kids thought Scott was just coming out to set up the sprinkler, so they were thrilled when they saw he was ready to play. They had some game going that involved bombs and choosing a super-hero identity . . . whatever it was, it sounded like fun because everyone was cracking up.
4. Watching Payton mow the lawn from my second story view. I think this was his 2nd time at it.
5. Spending an evening with friends, enjoying a delicious outdoor meal, chocolate cake, working/crafting with laptops all around, and laughing about a certain someone's love of "big nuggets."
6. My new favorite line . . . . On Saturday, Scott and I were standing in the kitchen doing a little kissing when Anna came out of the downstairs bathroom. She stood in the doorway looking straight ahead at us, and said, "Oh, there's the love!"
7. And my number one favorite moment from last week . . . . face painting at the local outdoor concert / market. While the kids stood in line I asked Anna what she was going to have the girl paint on her face. She smiled and said, "it's a surprise." I stood back and let the kids do their thing -- the face painters were youth from our ward. As Anna is explaining her request Rachel looks to me like "is this okay with you mom?" So I walk closer to hear what Anna has to say:
"I want a curly moustache and glasses that are just on one eye."
Yes, my 5 year old girl requested a moustache and a monocle. I laughed and told her to go for it.
Where did she get this idea? My only guess is the movie Underdog (which we watched months ago) because she kept saying, "You can call me Sherlock Bones."
Anyway, it made for a very entertaining evening.