"Got a case of the Mondays?" Well, that was us yesterday. In a drowsy state I turned off both of my alarms and finally awoke an hour past my usual time. Thankfully, my usual time is pretty early. But still. We were in a rush. And it was picture day which meant I needed to bathe Anna so I could fix her hair. (Usually she takes a bath at night and we just try to manage her bedhead the next day.) As I'm doing her hair Conner comes to me, "Um . . . mom. Um . . I uh, . . . kinda dropped the mayonnaise on the floor and, um, the lid broke." Perfect.
Eventually everyone got picture ready, the mayonnaise was cleaned up (and the lid replaced with saran wrap and a rubber band), and I dropped them off at school right on time. I came home, enjoyed a long shower and ate a Lindor truffle for breakfast.
Today we are back on track. Yay! So for my ten on tuesday I thought I'd write about some of our morning happenings:
1. "It's hard work to make the best breakfast ever." Overheard as Conner cooks himself some scrambled eggs and his oatmeal warms up in the microwave. I taught him how to make scrambled eggs earlier this year and now he makes them all by himself nearly everyday. And then he always has a bowl of cereal or oatmeal to go along with it. He's a hungry, growing boy for sure.
2. Payton and Anna's breakfast - 5 day old birthday cake. Thankfully, they finished off the last 2 pieces.
3. I found this on the counter-top and smiled at my creative little Payton . . .
He decided he is going to wear our Harry Potter Quidditch robe for Halloween. And of course, he is going to need a golden snitch. So this is what he created with plans to paint it gold. Love that kid. :)
4. The boys pack their own lunches with a few guidelines from me (must have a fruit or vegetable) and my help when cutting/slicing is needed. But Payton doesn't like sandwiches most of the time. And he has a small appetite. So his lunches are usually pretty interesting. Today it included chunks of cheddar cheese, go-gurt, carrots, an assortment of blueberry mini wheats, cocoa puffs, & golden grahams, and M&M's.
5. Conner was so excited about getting to have his usual turkey, mayonnaise, and mustard sandwich on a hot dog bun. In fact, he made two of them.
6. The boys practiced the piano and finished up their theory. Piano lessons are today.
7. Anna sat at the table and wrote 5 notes for various friends at school.
8. I'm wearing my new Toms wedges around the house all morning, trying to break them in. They are a bit snug but all of the online reviews tell me they will stretch a bit. Good, because they are super cute!
9. The kids were on the ball getting ready today so they got 10-15 minutes of tv before we were out the door. Usually we don't turn the tv on at all before school.
10. The rest of my day . . . finish this blog post, edit some pictures, pay bills, clean the playroom, clean the laundry room, teach piano lessons, help Anna write thank you notes for her birthday gifts, mail/deliver my thank you notes.
p.s. I have so much to blog about . . . we had a very eventful weekend with 3 parties/gatherings, soccer games, Anna's birthday, and everyday life on top of that . . . I'll try to crank some of it out this week.