11:11am on 11.11.11 -- Returning from the grocery store, a papa murphy's pizza in my lap, and being greeted by two bouncing boys who were trying to be the number 11
11 things about 11.11.11
1. I slept in until 8am. Yes!
2. I set the craft bucket on the dining table and Payton & Anna made turkeys. I also attempted an origami turkey. It turned out okay.
3. Anna continued to craft for much of the day. At one point she was singing "Do Nothing Day" to herself. A perfect sentiment for this day off of school.
4. Payton and I started working on his 3rd grade Ancient Americans Dwelling project. He chose the Mound Builders. This is his first real school report.
5. Scott and I left the kids in Conner's care (one of our mini baby-sitting practice runs - he's almost 11!) while we went to the grocery store.
6. I am in love with my maple tree! Just look at those colors
7. We told the kids to brainstorm ideas for our family christmas card photo. Conner submitted this idea: a picture of dad and it says "Have a very skinny Christmas." (Over the last 10 weeks Scott has lost 23 pounds! He looks awesome. And he needs new pants.)
8. Scott pulled out the ping pong table and played with the kids. Balls flying everywhere. They love it.
9. The kids watched a Harry Potter movie.
10. We enjoyed a delicious dinner out with friends. Each couple ordered a different appetizer and we all shared. Best. idea. ever. (All appetizers are not pictured here, but trust me they were amazing.)
11. The day ended with all 5 of us safely tucked into our beds. A great start to a great long weekend.