1. While Scott worked for a few hours each morning he set me up in an empty corner office where I was able to blog, attend to facebook and google reader, browse pinterest to my heart's delight, and enjoy my Wee Brie (isn't that the cutest?) and crackers. What a thoughtful guy . . . he picked up some snacks for me before my arrival. The free time and quiet was wonderful.
2. Lunch at the Cheesecake Factory to meet the homeowners. We learned a little more about the area from these long-time Las Vegas residents (all positive).
3. I got to see the house for the first time ever! A little nervous because we've invested so much time in this process already, but it was great. The space is great, just needs some cosmetic TLC (we are making a prioritized list of projects). The location is wonderful. The schools are top-rated. It's in the ward we wanted. An easy commute for Scott. Altogether it's a pretty amazing package.
4. Late aftenoon view from Scott's office.
5. We decided to take advantage of the dining options in Vegas and celebrate our 13th anniversary a few days early. Dinner reservations at Yellowtail Japanese Restaurant in the Bellagio.
6. Big smiles when the hostess led us to our booth. Our view . . .
7. I tried sushi for the first time ever. We ordered Cucumber Salad, a California roll, a Popping Spicy Crab roll, and tuna. You know what? I liked it all!
8. drumroll please . . . I ate the entire meal with chopsticks!! This was also a first for me - no fingers, no asking the waiter for a fork. From plate to my belly, allll chopsticks. I was so proud of myself! As was Scott.
9. Oh, and those lovely fountains. Almost everytime they went off, we got up from our seats and stepped out on the veranda to watch. Absolutely mesmerizing!
10. Ordering a frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity 3 in New York City has always been on my bucket list. When we happened upon a Serendipity 3 outside Caesar's Palace I was thrilled! And on our anniversary date, what luck! What . . . . serendipity. :)
And oh my. The frrrozen hot chocolate did not disappoint.
I ordered the original. Scott ordered Orrreo.
11. Flying home together was a special treat. I'm so used to dropping off and picking up at the airport . . . it was so nice to come home together. And when I dozed off on the plane and maybe snored just a little, I didn't have to be embarrassed that the passenger next to me had witnessed this. ;)
12. We landed in Portland, sat down for dinner at a Thai restaurant, changed our clothes in the bathroom, and headed to the temple for a really wonderful, peaceful, meaningful evening. It was the perfect way to end the week.
13. Seeing my husband in action at work & all he has to manage, knowing his excitement over my arrival, the way he prepared for my visit (cleaning, stocking up on my favorites), the way he spoiled me, never having to open my own door (ever), feeling so connected, knowing he understands and supports my desires/needs . . . . I've determined that I am one amazingly blessed woman.
In my book, 13 is a lucky number.
p.s. special thanks to my mom for holding down the fort and loving the kids while I was away.