I'm jumping into Project Life again.
Never-mind the fact that I have two unfinished project life albums (2009 and 2010) sitting in my scrapbook room. I just couldn't resist! For two reasons:
- The Clementine kit is adorable. Love the colors and designs and sentiments. Just couldn't resist.
- There are going to be a lot of changes for our family in 2012 and I want an easy, straightforward way to document it all.
I gave myself permission to give it another go only because I've let go of my previous "photo-a-day" style. I'm going to approach this project with a great amount of flexibility. Some layouts might feature a photo a day, some layouts might feature a single event. And I may skip some weeks altogether.
Monday night I put together my first layout. And you know what? I really really love it. :)
Here's a closer look at the left hand page . . . .
There is an insert in the middle with a Happy New Year picture that Anna drew, and Payton's patent for the Scooter Basket.
And a closer look at the right side . . .
I'm trying to set myself up for success this year by doing a few things
- allow some flexibility (as I discussed above)
- use my iphone to capture some everyday or random moments - don't worry about lugging the camera everywhere
- pre-fill the whole album with journaling cards and title/date cards. All the basics are in the album already. I just have to add photos and journaling.
- set up a basket for my supplies
- keep the album out in the open
This is my "out in the open" spot.
Out in the open so I can remember to do it. And out in the open so the family can enjoy it. Lately, Payton & Anna have spent more and more time pulling the scrapbooks off the shelves and flipping through them. They love seeing pictures of themselves and reading/hearing the stories of funny things they said or did. I think they are really going to love flipping through this album as well.
So my little supply basket . . .
My basic supplies . . .
Mini Stapler, post-its, pen (Pilot G2), moleskine notebook (for jotting little notes each day), folders (for holding daily ephemera), clear pouch (for patterned paper scraps), adhesive, scissors.
My creative supplies . . .
I bought a few more supplies to supplement the kit when I'm feel extra crafty. I was excited to find some things that go with the clementine kit, but not too matchy matchy, that give a subtle vintage-y vibe. I discovered Studio Calico and love them!
Also 7 Gypsies mini label stickers and a few patterend papers.
Wish me luck! I don't plan to share my layouts on a regular basic (again, trying to let go of pressure / self-imposed expectations). But you might see one pop up from time to time.
I'm excited to document our lives this year. All of it . . . the everyday, the random, the big, the small, the happy, the hard, the messy, the silly. Our real life.