It's the last Monday of September and the last of my birthday posts! Today I wanted to share a few birthday gift ideas. I know that I'm always looking for new, fresh, delightful things to gift to my friends and family. Here are a few things that I have either received or given as a gift.
1. She... by Kobi Yamada - A wonderful book full of inspirational phrases like "she decided to start living the life she imagined" and "she just has this way of brightening the day" and "she listened to her heart above all other voices." Reading it always reminds me of the wonderful women in my life and inspires me to be the woman I want to be.
2. Essie - I think everyone loves Essie. Right? Good nail polish. Picking up a new color is like a special treat for me.
3. Papaya Arts Spiral Journal -- I have decided that writing in a journal is so much more enjoyable when you have pretty pages to write on. Each of these pages are like a work of art.
4. Seeing the Everyday magazine - This magazine is my absolute favorite. Each issue is filled with beautiful photography and stories/narratives of family life, relationships, and work in the home. They believe in the power of everyday moments and the importance of daily parenting. It is inspiring and calming and motivating -- it encourages and understands what family life is like and what it can be. Each time I read it I want to do better and be better as a parent! When I receive a new issue in the mail I look for a quiet place to enjoy it so I can savor every word and image. Absolutely love it! I have yet to see this in a store so your best bet is to subscribe through their site online. If I could, I would give a gift subscription to everyone I know.
5. Blurb photobooks - Blurb is my go-to photobook publisher. After a family reunion I made a photobook of the event and gave it to my parents for Christmas. I've also made books for Father's Day and brag books for grandparents. They take a little work, but they make great, meaningful gifts. I know this is late, but Blurb is having a flash sale . . . get 30% off books purchased through today.
7. Sweet Tooth Fairy Cake Bites - I took my first bite of their delicious coconut cake bites last year and I have been in love ever since. Seriously, it's a constant craving of mine and the mere thought of driving through Utah makes me salivate. I discovered that you can purchase their cake bites online! Once, I sent these to someone as a thank you and I know they were much enjoyed. Can you even imagine getting a package like that in the mail?
8. Q and A a Day: 5-Year Journal - I got this little book last year for my birthday and it has been fun to answer the random questions each day. Things like, "What is your favorite snack food?" and "when was the last time you cried" and "A decision you made today". Now, I'm excited to see my answers stack up against last year's entries.
9. Stained Glass Stars from Piggy & Dirt - I adore these stars. Of all the things that are packed away in storage, these stars are one of the things I am most excited about unpacking when we get into our house. There are so many different colors and patterns to choose from. The store owners are just wonderful to work with. And when you receive the stars . . . they are carefully wrapped in brown paper, tied off with baker's twine, and adorned with washi tape, stamps, and handwritten messages of thanks. It makes you feel like you are truly receiving something special. And it is!
There it is . . . . 10 birthday gift ideas for you. And I'm pretty sure they're all under $25. Pretty great if you ask me!
Okay, now let's get to that give-away I mentioned . . . . .
I want to share a few birthday gifts with one lucky reader:
- Summer 2012 issue of Seeing the Everyday
- Essie polish in Tour de Finance
- Ruffled streamers
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment on this post. And I'd also love if you could tell me something that you like to give as a birthday gift.
Sorry, I can only offer this to my U.S. friends. This giveaway will close on Sunday night, and I'll announce the winner soon after. Good luck!