with the help of random.org
And can I just say, wow! There were so many awesome birthday gift ideas left in the comments. You are a creative and thoughtful bunch! Here are just some of the ideas you shared:
- fancy chocolate - the kind that you wouldn't normally splurge on for yourself
- something handmade
- a group of friends celebrating 40 gave each other charms for a charm bracelet - what a treasure!
- give service! A meal, cleaning, or kid care.
- gift cards - maybe for a local boutique/shop
- favorite candy + a magazine
- vintage brooches and bow ties! Use them to adorn a package - I would just die!
- coupon for a day or night out with you
- Cozy Night Kit - hot cocoa, popcorn, and a good book
- mason jar filled with a theme - manicure jar, etc.
This week I received a wonderful birthday gift in the mail from one of my friends. A jar of homemade raspberry jam . . . . AND the raspberries were picked from my favorite berry farm in Oregon! She knew that I was missing our Oregon raspberry jam.
I literally gasped when I popped off the lid. When I dipped my knife into the jam I got shivers. And then I immediately made a PB&J sandwich for lunch. Ohhh, it felt like home. So very thoughtful.
And the kids know that they are not allowed to touch my jam.