1. Conner taught the Family Home Evening lesson last night. In fact, he has taught the lesson the past 3 weeks, one more to go. He is working on some of his Duty to God achievements and the family is benefiting as well. Win - win. At first he was a little annoyed by the task, the preparation . . . but now he loves it. He spends time on Sunday studying, and writing out an outline. Yesterday he told me that he was so excited to give his lesson. He had us pull out our scriptures, he asked questions, he knew the material. It was fantastic. Topic: Prayer & revelation. Scripture Story: Daniel in the Lion's Den
2. This is Conner's post-swim practice hair. That chlorine water does something crazy to his thin blonde hair. He looks like he's been shocked -- it's crunchy, wiry, bending at right angles . . . . Just weird.
3. I looked at the Christmas tree the other day and thought that it was doing a great job as a lamp. I also considered decorating it for Valentine's Day.
4. We got these buckets of food storage meals for Christmas (and we're planning to add to it). You ask, why are they still sitting in the family room? You could also ask why is the Christmas tree still up? and Why is Conner's birthday Fat-head from 2 months ago rolled up in a tube under our bed? It takes us a while to get to things.
5. We played Clue after Conner's lesson (one of his Christmas gifts) and it was so much fun. It had been so long since either Scott or I played that we had to read the instructions. The best part was the dramatic acting that the kids put into their accusations . . . "It was Mrs. Scarlett, in the kitchen, with the candlestick!!"