It's finally here!
Last night for Family Home Evening we sat together and gave suggestions for our 2013 Summer Fun List. I always like to make it a combination of things we know we are going to do (trips & events that are on the calendar),
- Cannon Beach, Oregon
- Cousin Camp
- Mason & Jessica's Wedding
things that are just a given for summer time,
- swimming lessons (for Payton & Anna)
- activity pool
- splash pad
- night swimming
- summer reading program
and things that are on our wish lists or simply pop out of the kids' imaginations
- Children's Museum
- get large snow cones for the whole family at Purple Penguin
- take a silhouette picture (that was my choice)
- kids cook dinner (this was a unanimous kids' choice)
- fry an egg on the sidewalk
- tie dye t-shirts
- watch an outdoor movie
- star gazing with the telescope
- celebrate Payton's 1/2 birthday
- make sudzuu
For displaying the list this year I used the bulletin board again and with some inspiration from an instagram friend I wrote all of the summer fun items on Project Life white journaling cards. I love how it turned out! Clean, simple, and ready to be filled with fun.
Here's where it really gets FUN . . . . Each time we complete an item I plan to add a 2x2 instagram photo to the card. By the end of the summer we should have this thing filled with great memories!
Memory #1 . . .
A blog post on that will be coming soon - stay tuned.
Also stay tuned for a post on our summer chores, goals, & reward system.