1. For the longest time you have said that you want to be a rockstar when you grow up. A modest, nice rock star. For whatever reason your career aspirations have recently changed and you are sure that you want to be a librarian. Because you love to read.
2. Your favorite thing to read is Stick Dog and the Samantha American Girl series.
3. Over Christmas Break you and I spent a morning in my bed watching your new DVD, Samantha: An American Girl Holiday. You had watched it once already but this was my first time and you couldn't help but tell me what was going to happen next. You loved the movie. Something totally girly. It was so sweet when you told me that the parts about child labor and kids getting hurt in factories made you so sad you cried a little. We don't get the chance to watch girly movies very often -- it's all Star Wars, Star Trek, and super heroes 'round here. Which you also love, but it's nice to have a little balance.
4. You have been in Glee for over a year (3 talent shows and 3 "big" shows) and have enjoyed it. But after the show last month you decided that you were ready to move onto something else.
5. I am signing you up for spring soccer this month. This is your favorite activity at recess. Sometimes I'll stand by the fence in the morning and watch you play with all the big boys. You get right in there, no fear.
6. You love to craft. Last week we went to Target and you spent all your money ($15) on a Smash journal kit.
7. You got a sewing machine for Christmas and you have been sewing together small fabric squares that Grammer Valerie sent you. It is so cute. You do your best to sew straight. I iron the seams. And after 4 squares come together into a block I bring out my cutting mat & big rulers to square everything off. :) Eventually you want to make it into a blanket.
8. You love your brothers, but you also drive them crazy and crash their games / bedrooms / personal space. A lot. I keep telling them to remember that you don't have a sister to play with.
9. Luckily, our neighbors have a fun grand-daughter who visits often. Abby is in the same grade at the same school and you two get along so well. Just this week you girls spent the afternoon in her front yard taking care of her dog - feeding, brushing, walking. In heaven.
10. You are anxious to help in the kitchen. Last night you decided to make a platter of ants-on-a-log to accompany our dinner.