Ohhh, heavenly ice cream deliciousness. Payton requested an ice cream cake for his birthday and I delivered. Well, what he initially requested was a Blizzard ice cream cake from Dairy Queen but I said no and offered this cake as a substitute. And I don't think he felt jipped in the least bit.
I have tried several ice cream cakes over the years and this one is hands down the easiest of them all. And the prettiest. Enjoy!
ICE CREAM SANDWICH CAKE
- 1 cup chopped Oreos
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (3.9 oz) instant chocolate pudding
- 1 container (12 oz) whipped topping
- 12 ice cream sandwiches
1. Combine milk and pudding mix. Whisk until mixture is smooth. Add half of the whipped topping and mix just until combined. Stir in the chopped oreos.
2. Arrange 6 of the ice cream sandwiches side by side on a platter. Spread filling evenly over the sandwiches and top with remaining 6 sandwiches forming a rectangular-shaped cake. Smooth the sides.
3. Spread remaining whipped topping over the top and sides of the cake. Sprinkle crushed oreos, grated chocolate, chocolate chips, or colored sprinkles over the top.
4. Freeze at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Download and print the recipe here: Ice Cream Sandwich Cake