Several years ago I gave The Book of Awesome to my brother, Kent, for his birthday. He thinks that everything is awesome. He's great at finding joy in the little, sometimes insignificant, awesome things of life. As the book says,
Sometimes it's easy to forget the things that make us smile. Sometimes it's tempting to feel the world is falling apart. But awesome things are all around us.
Right? Right. The book covers those everyday awesome things like popping bubble wrap, the other side of the pillow, hitting a bunch of green lights in a row, etc.
Well, as I was going through my photos from the wedding weekend in California I found several that were simply awesome to me.
1. Driving down the road, knowing that we are heading toward cooler temperatures.
Las Vegas - 112
Los Angeles - 73
Oh ya. Awesome.
2. This fantastic letter S right outside our hotel room. Yesssss.
3. Getting to love on baby Cole all weekend. #babyfix
His shirt even says awesome!
4. Getting to eat dinner with your bare hands. Or no hands.
5. Receiving a flower from a knight!
6. After all the kids were tucked into bed, the adults gathered in my parents' hotel room to share some honeymoon survival gifts and marriage advice with Mason. It was great. Especially when Kent shared this video - It's Not About The Nail - as his marriage advice.
7. Too much partying, you think? This one was so awesome I had to text it to my brothers (who have children) right away with the message "do any of your kids look like this?" Ah, the gentle lull of the LA freeways.
8. Streets lined with purple flowering trees. Beautiful!
9. Finding a triple peanut at Five Guys. Just yesterday I discovered that Payton brought that very peanut home with him and he's keeping it on his dresser for Beary, his stuffed polar bear who eats peanuts.
What was awesome in your day?