1. At least 10 times a day we can count on you saying, "I know, right?" It's kind of your phrase and every time you say it dad and I just look at each other and try not to laugh. Especially after recently reading an article about current slang and "I know right??" was number 2.
2. You love ferrets and your dream is to own 10 ferrets when you are a grown up. Last week you told us that you plan to have 5 boy ferrets and 5 girl ferrets to which dad replied, "Well I guess that means you're going to have 600 ferrets." We recently discovered that someone in our ward actually owns a ferret and we are planning to visit their house soon.
3. One of your lunch favorites is a bagel with cream cheese.
4. Your life pretty much revolves around Pokemon and one character in particular . . . . Rotom. You talk endlessly about having a Rotom themed bedroom -- sheets, posters, FatHead, lampshade, etc. In fact you took it upon yourself to print out Rotom images and tape them to your lampshade.
5. In art class you got to create a paper mache mask and you decided to design yours after . . . . Rotom. Of course. It turned out pretty amazing and was chosen with just 3 or 4 others to hang in the front office of the school.
6. You have spent the last 5 weeks learning everything there is to know about Steve Jobs, writing a paper about him, making a poster, and presenting a memorized script in a Living Museum. You did a fantastic job in all parts.
7. You turned 11 this month which means that you have finished Cub Scouts and moved onto Boy Scouts! I asked if you were happy or sad to be done with Cub Scouts and you said "in the middle." At last month's pack meeting you received your Arrow of Light and tonight at the Blue & Gold dinner you got to Cross-over.
8. Other than squabbles with your sister, these days you are generally happy, easy going, and quick to obey. I quite like it very, very much.
9. You have made some great friends at school. In fact, one of them took it upon himself to collect extra candy from the Valentine's party when you missed it (I pulled you out early to go to Utah). And then he saved the candy over the long weekend to give to you.
10. Your birthday date request this year is to go to the LEGO movie and dinner at T.G.I.Friday's. We checked off the LEGO movie with a family matinee and I think the movie was everything you hoped it would be. "Everything is awesome!"