Today is our 12th anniversary.
This week we were talking. About one day serving a couple's mission (or two) for the church when we have retired. There was a talk given in sacrament meeting this week on this subject (reiterating President Monson's recent call for more senior couples). Scott is convinced that by the time we're ready to go that Vietnam will be newly open for missionary work (currently there are no missionaries there) and we'll be sent there. Because he speaks Vietnamese. I fervently tried to remind him that I am not a linguist in any way shape or form. My brain does not work that way. He laughed. I laughed too, but maybe not as jovially.
Wherever we go, it will definitely be an adventure someday. I'm looking forward to lots of adventures together.
So, on our 12th anniversary I thought I'd make a list of our traveling adventures thus far.
1. Monterey & San Francisco, California (January 1999) - Honeymoon.
2. Cancun, Mexico (April 2000) - Trip with my family.
3. Sault Saint Marie, Michigan (September 2001) - 10 month old Conner and I accompanied Scott on a business trip here for one week.
4. Cleveland & Kirtland, Ohio (September 2001) - After Michigan we stayed here for 2 weeks.
5. Niagara Falls and Palmyra, New York (September 2001) - still on the business trip, over the weekend we went sight-seeing.
6. Worcester, Massachusetts (November 2002) - 2 year old Conner and I accompanied Scott on a 2-week business trip. I still can't pronounce the name of the town.
7. New York City, New York and Boston, Massachusetts (November 2002) - still on the business trip, sightseeing over the weekend.
8. Las Vegas, Nevada (February 2003) - Our first post-baby getaway!
9. Vancouver, British Columbia (September 2003) - Snuck away for a weekend and a Josh Groban concert.
10. Maui (October 2006) - Heaven.
11. Seattle, Washington (March 2009) - Celebrating 10 years.
12. Maui (September 2009) - Heaven.
Ahh, doesn't that work out to a nice number. 12. :) Number 13 is yet to be planned. We've got a busy year and a half in front of us (business school), but I'm sure we'll plan something nice to celebrate that checkmark.
Happy anniversary babe! I'm glad we still "match."